1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Question about the Wide Converter (WCON-P01) from Olympus

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Brandon, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Brandon

Brandon New to Mu-43

Jun 12, 2018
    I have the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III and purchased it with the M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ. My girlfriend and I are pretty new to photography but we love to travel to nature.

I wanted to get the WCON-P01 Wide Converter before an upcoming trip but I am not sure if it will fit on my current lens kit. Can anyone help?? Or are there any suggestions for a solid wide angle lens for under $400?

Thank you!

2. Orbmiser

Orbmiser Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2017
    Portland,Or.
    What i found says "Fits your M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 II kit lens or M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 II R.
    Not compatible with previous versions of this lens." no mention of EZ version? So see how you are confused.

For wide-angle in that price range.
    A used Olympus M ED 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 can be found.
    A quick check on Craigslist found one.

2018-06-12_110135.

Or the more spendy and a bit over budget is Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm

2018-06-12_110249.

But search around Craiglist or Ebay should find something that meets your budget.
    Better than wasting on those front convert snap on things me thinks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RyanM

RyanM Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2017
    How wide are you looking for? Are you exclusively interested in zooms, or would a prime be an option? Are you ok with buying used gear?

4. Saledolce

Saledolce Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2017
    Italy
    Would you be interested in a fisheye? I'm thinking about Samyang 7.5mm, give a look to the showcase thread, and try googling how to defish eventually.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LilSebastian

LilSebastian Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Pasadena, CA
    There are many choices for wide angle primes and zooms. Easy to spend money to solve that need. From a 9mm Body Cap lens, fish eye 8mm f1.8, 7-14 zooms and beyond. If you are trying to capture a wide view of nature rather than people, animals or Motorsports you might consider taking several side by side pictures of the scene and stitch into a panoramic with software. Might not give immediately shareable JPG results for social media sharing, but could serve you well and have no cost but your time.

6. junkyardsparkle

junkyardsparkle haunted scrap heap Subscribing Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Like, The Valley
    The compatibility chart (pdf file) suggests that it only works with the 14-42 II and IIR... and honestly, unless you find one really cheap used, I would say the money would be better put towards a used wide prime of some sort. If you get a fast one (f/2 or better) it will open up the possibility of night sky photography or general hand-held low-light use that your kit zoom can't handle. My two cents.

EDIT: Looking at the 14-42 EZ, it appears to lack the bayonet mount for the converter, so the incompatibility is probably more than just "not optically optimal".

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  7. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

It will not fit. You might consider the 9mm Fisheye bodycap lens instead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.