1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Question about Richard Franiec's E-PL3 grip

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nandystam, Sep 11, 2011.

1. nandystam

nandystam Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi folks

I'm keen to to get an E-PL3 and put Richard Franiec's aftermarket grip on it (when it becomes available), however I'm not sure if the grip would cause any fitting or handling issues when using 4/3rd's lenses on it?

More specifically, I'm looking to put a 14-54 mk II lens on it. I've contacted Richard directly and he wasn't able to advise if there would be problems. I know it's a bit of a hypothetical, but if anybody has mounted legacy 4/3rds lenses on an E-PL3 you would probably be able to make an educated guess ;) 

Or would I be better served with an E-P3 and the MCG-2 grip?

Cheers

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Here's the E-PL3 with that lens:

6214219740_aa1b959508_o.

Here's the E-PL3 with Franiec grip:

6213705991_5203e5f0bf_m.

It shouldn't be a problem.

3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    From Amin's pictures, it looks like the MA1 adapter puts a fair bit of space between the body and the lens barrel. What you really have to watch out for is the big :43: telephotos (45-200 and 100-300) but I don't expect they would create any problems with the Franiec piece. They are a bit tricky with the Flipbac grip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.