Question about picture posting and galleries

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Swandy, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi,
    Probably something that I missed, but if I upload pictures to my user gallery, is there also a way to link the same images to a thread in the forum? Or do I have to upload the pictures a second time as an attachment to the particular thread?
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. Chow Monkey

Chow Monkey Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

When you upload a pic to the gallery you see two links under the pic. The bottom link you can just copy and paste in your topic..

• Like Like x 6
  3. Swandy

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks Chow. Will try that next time.
    Steve

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Swandy, you've just uploaded some really great photographs!:bravo-009:

And just so everyone knows - if someone takes the time to comment on your photos in your albums, you'll get a message letting you know.:wink:

5. Swandy

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks BBW for the comments. Yeah - I really have enjoyed the Art filters since they were introduced on the E30 and then the two EPs.

Another question regarding comments left on pictures in galleries - if I leave a response to a comment on my gallery page, does the person who left the original comment get notified of it?
    Thanks,
    Steve

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

No, they don't - alas. I posted awhile ago on the suggestions thread about this saying I wished it were different... For now we'll just have to go back in to the albums we've comment in and see if the photographer has responded. It would be great if a notification could be set up.:2thumbs:

Swandy, I'd suggest you post about this on the " forum suggestions" thread: https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=314:biggrin:

7. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    The man behind the curtain is working on that. I agree it would be a good way to see responses..... even if were sent as a PM.

Maybe I'll send some High Voltage to his keyboard to stir things up....
    shooter

• Like Like x 2
  8. Swandy

Dec 15, 2009
    That's what I would think is a reasonable idea. That if someone responds to your comment, that you should receive a notification and go see the response if you wish.
    Steve

9. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    The higher uppers tell me that it's being discussed over fine wine and Cuban cigars...I ain't allowed in the back room but I bugged it so I can hear what's going on...
    It ain't a pretty site I tell ya....

a bewildered shooter