Question About Panasonic DMW-FL500 Shoe Mount Flash

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by StudioHeraBell, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Does anyone used this flash on Lumix GH2? Are they compatible.

Thanks for answering in advance.

2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Get the Metz AF-50 instead. Same GN, half the price. I use it with my GH2 often and it's wonderful. TTL metering and everything.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, it is compatible. The Panasonic DMW-FL500 is the same as the Olympus FL-50 (the wireless, non-R model). They are fully compatible with all Four-Thirds and Micro Four-Thirds bodies.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. After few reviews, I opted to buy the Panasonic one. The reason being it has more power then the Metz.

The price of Metz was very appealing. But I had to pay for more power.

Thank you for two members who helped me with their opinions.

5. Leowrobin

Leowrobin New to Mu-43

Dec 26, 2011
    Does Panasonic DMW FL-500 Flash works in Lumix G3 cameras? I intend to get one but not sure will it work well with camera? Does it support wireless? Also, I like the TTL info in the LCD. Is there any compatible alternative to match FL-500 (must have the LCD screen) and full control with the camera.
  6. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL

While inconsequential to most, one small difference between the DMW-FL500 and the Olympus FL-50 is that the Panasonic version does not have a high-voltage port for an external battery pack.
  7. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Yes, but also look at the Olympus FL50. Same flash, and last time I looked cheaper than the Panasonic version.