Question about Olympus E-PM1 kit lenses and their value

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by vēer, Mar 10, 2014.

1. vēer

vēer New to Mu-43

Mar 10, 2014
    Hi, folks!

Asked the same question at dpreview, hopefully you dont mind me copying it here as well :)

I have a chance of buying PINK E-PM1 with two lens kit, EZ-M1442 II R silver + EZ-M4015 R black, for slightly above 300$ locally.

Im in Europe so things arent as cheap as they tend to be in USA, so this seems like a bargain.

What Im really interested in is selling both lenses and keeping E-PM1 body only, despite it being pink. So Id like to know how much could I get back for these two lenses if sold in bundle, what could be the realistic price for both shipped?

Im contemplating buying this kit, keeping only body as backup camera and keep on looking for that perfect budget camera with biggest possible sensor and most manual control buttons and dials, in this regard E-PM1 would be great ultra-budget camera until I find that perfect one :)!

Looking at something with APS-C(most likely) or at least m43 sized sensor, hotshoe, preferably articulated touchscreen, lots of buttons and dials for quick access to EV/ISO/aperture and other settings and small sized with small, yet fast lens.

So far nothing below 400$ to be seen in Europe.

Olympus XZ-2 looks like it, but the sensor ir on the small side, only 1/1.7".

Anyway, I hope someone here will be able to help with advice whether I should go for E-PM1 dual lens kit and have real possibility of selling those lenses or just pass on this deal and keep on looking for my main camera.

Thanks in advance!