Question about Nissin Di466 for m4/3

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by hillwalkinggirl, Jun 29, 2014.

1. hillwalkinggirl

hillwalkinggirl Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2011
    I've been trying to get to grips with using the above on my Panasonic G6. I've got it to work onboard and also wirelessly as a slave by setting it in TTL mode from the camera and slave mode 1 on the flashgun. Onboard flash was adjusted to -3, now for the query which I am trying to resolve.

I wanted to experiment with manual mode on the flashgun. I assume that i466 doesn't actually have a standard manual function but just takes a TTL reading in slave mode and then enables adjustment by increasing or decreasing the EV level on flashgun, by trial and error. The manual gives a Guide number table.

Now I think I understand how to work these out, but cannot figure how they correspond to the EV settings on the Di466. In TTL no light is lit on EV scale, but EV adjustment shows lights on -1.5,-1,-0.5,+0.5, +1, +1.5. I know that this probably wont make sense to anyone who doesn't have or owned the above flashgun as I can't figure out a better way to explain, but am I right in assuming this doesn't have a conventional method of using as a manual flashgun?

It seems odd to me that they give you a guide number table showing flash power levels as Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32 but then no corresponding adjustment on flashgun.