Question about EP-1 settings

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Djarum, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Ok, so now that I've had the camera for a while, I'm finding I'm underexposing some of my shots. I typically shoot in A priority, and use the verticle thumb wheel for exposure compensation. I'm finding if I shoot the picture with no compensation during the day in moderate to bright sunlight, the picture on the LCD looks over exposed. So then I'll drop the exposure a .3 or .7 stop. But then when I look at it on the computer, its obviously underexposed. Now, in digital its easier to bring up a picture if its underexposed a little. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or if they use other picture settings instead.
  2. Stewardrobbins

Stewardrobbins New to Mu-43

Jan 15, 2010
    I just got started with the EP-1, but I have learned not to trust the LCD. I use the histogram and the blinking highlights to check exposure...
  3. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    I don't find the LCD a problem. Possibly you have changed the LCD brightness or need to.

I do find that while the shots I take look great on a monitor or TV, they print out a little lighter than I would like. I do so little printing that I haven't bothered to look into this.