1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Question about E-PL1 Bulb mode

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by arcueid, Jul 22, 2010.

1. arcueid

arcueid Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    After doodling with the E-PL1 Bulb mode for some time, I found out that I could not get it to work.

While i understand that shutter release does not work with E-PL1, i did some improvision to manually hold the button in place. However, I found out that the maximum allowed time for the Bulb mode is only 8 minutes.

I was trying to get a nice night sky shot for a 2 hours exposure, only to return to my camera to find out that it only captured 8 minutes of the night sky. I made 2 attempts on it(2nd attempt of about an hour), and both turns out to last only 8 minutes.

Does any one has experiences on this?

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    There is a place in the custom menus to change the maximum length of bulb exposures (mine is set to 30, can't remember if that is the max or not). You'll have to look it up or go digging. I suppose the more colloquial response would be RTFM! :biggrin: (seriously though, there is a ton of useful info in there, get to know your camera!)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    The maximum duration exposure possible in Bulb mode is 30 minutes... you need to set the maximum time using the following menu selection :

Cog Icon -> E EXP/.../ISO -> BULB TIMER -> 30MIN

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1