1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Query about the Olympus VF-1 Optical Finder

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kenc, Dec 26, 2011.

1. kenc

kenc Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2011
    I am looking for a finder to use with the panasonic 14mm f2.5 lens. There are lots of options, many of them quite pricey. I am wondering how the VF-1 would work. I appreciate that it is designed for the 17mm olympus pancake and so prima facie would crop the 14mm frame. But then, I wondered if the viewfinder has brightlines set at 17mm within a wider field of view outside the brightlines and if so, whether 14mm would fall inside that wider field. I haven't been able to find the relevant specifications anywhere on line so would appreciate advice from someone who uses the VF-1.

2. taran

taran Mu-43 Regular

Oct 19, 2011
    The FOV is indeed wider than the brightlines by a margin that would make it very useable at 14mm. I love my VF-1, makes 14mm, 17mm, and 20mm lenses a joy to use.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.