1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

queeny park sunday

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by caimi, Apr 19, 2013.

1. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    (before 4 days of rain) queenysunday3.

queenysunday.

queeny31413-2.

queeny31413.

Pan G5 Pan 45-200mm

2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    These are some really great shots!

3. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    I'm experimenting with varying levels and methods of color post processing to decide what results I like the best.

4. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Nice shots. I've always thought it it would be challenging to capture fast moving objects. I assume you are shooting multiple frames/sec.

5. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Honestly Chrome, it's a combination of timing and attending lots of horse shows over the years. I probably couldn't get the frame I want at a hockey game but when a horse jumps a fence I know what to expect and when to expect it. On the flat cantor, as in the water picture, I look at the feet and time when all four are pretty much going to be off the ground. Fast shutter takes care of the rest.

The last picture is a fortunate error on the part of the horse. It makes a great image because the horse is up on its hind legs to go off the downbank. But the truth is it is poor form. The horse should be stepping off the downbank, not jumping off (see the first picture). But a green horse is usually afraid to step down so he leaps. The result, a great action picture.