Quantum Qflash Panasonic Copilot

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by tbyork2012, Apr 17, 2014.

1. tbyork2012

tbyork2012 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    Oxford, UK
    Hi,
    When I first heard that Quantum were coming out with the Copilot wireless TTL module for Panasonic, I was quite excited that my Quantum Qflash T5DR could be used on my Olympus E-P5 (for portraits) and E-M5 (for UV-imaging) cameras. Unfortunately the announcement came and went, and it has been such a long time without any further news, that I had pretty much given up on that idea.

Then I received the April 2014 newsletter from Quantum recently announcing that Quantum are looking for testers for their soon to be released Copilot system for Sony and Panasonic, the precise two systems which interest me the most. This is great news to me, as this means I will be able to use my Quantum flash with wireless TTL on both my Sony A7R and (hopefully) Olympus E-P5/E-M5 cameras; albeit I will have to buy one Copilot for each system.

This is a screen grab of the newsletter:
    13914015964_54993184de_o_d.

If anyone is interested in being a Beta tester, this is the form to complete: http://www.qtm.com/BETA_Tester_Contact_Form.pdf

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will come out soon.

BW,
    Boon

2. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    This is great news! I'll check what the conditions for beta testi g are as soon as I get to my computer!

Thanks for sharing this!

3. tbyork2012

tbyork2012 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 14, 2012
    Oxford, UK
    Just an update. I emailed Quantum regarding the Copilot for Panasonic, and they have confirmed that it will work with the Olympus camera such as E-M5 as well, which is great news indeed. That would make it the only wireless TTL solution for Micro 4/3rds, albeit with Quantum Qflash.

Boon