Quantaray 28-80mm MX AF f/3.5-5.6 - what adaptor for mu43?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Cr0b4r, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Cr0b4r

Cr0b4r Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2013
    I'm trying to look for an adaptor for this lens a friend of mine was going to give me. Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That lens won't be very useful on m4/3 regardless.

But, we have no way of knowing what adapter based on the Info given. You will need to figure out what lens mount it is or post a picture.
  3. Cr0b4r

Cr0b4r Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2013
    Not useful cause it's a zoom?

I was thinking it was maybe gonna work with a Minolta AF adaptor. I'll try to take a picture when I get it

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app
  4. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Some AF lenses don't have mechanical MF, and thus are impossible to adapt.

Iirc, that's true of Minolta.
  5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Not useful because it is an unfriendly focal length, a slow aperture, and mediocre optically

What other lenses do you have?
  6. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    If there is a manual focus ring AND a mechanical aperture ring (I doubt) any cheap minolta-m43 adapter should work. If there is only the manual focus ring you may probably use it always wide open or all stopped down (depending on the default aperture of the lens when disconnected).

Any adapter involving electronics is going to cost you much more then the lens itself and I doubt there will ever be any one with AF for Minolta (there is something for Canon, and Nikon should be following).

The zoom thing is a minor inconvenience if you are using a body with in-body stabilization because you would have to tell the camera the new focal length any time you zoom. In practice you have to disable IBIS unless you plan to use it as a prime. No big deal if there is enough light and this is not a very long lens.
    Then cheap zoom in general are not very good while primes of comparable price can be good lenses.