1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Quality control and service

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JoJo, Apr 2, 2014.

1. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    In recent years, I have had only a couple of times that I needed to contact Olympus. I was happy to talk with a knowledgeable and friendly representative and come away with no complaints.
    I decided to vent on someone in Olympus management this week about quality control issues. NO way..................I wound up talking with a young lady in South America. She did not seem to understand my concerns and there was no way to speak with any one in management.
    In customer service, you can tell someone to go eat a turd if you do it with a smile in your voice and the customer is confident that you know what a turd looks like and smells like. My customer service rep did not impress me.

Olympus!!!! You are driving your customers away.

2. RKTodd

RKTodd Mu-43 Regular

Dec 6, 2012
    Indiana
    I sort of got to know a guy named "Rick" from the East Coast call center. He was very friendly, knowledgeable, and had years of experience using Olympus equipment. It was very disappointing to be connected to the young lady in South America on my next call.

3. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    After I vented here, I composed a very precise, factual email and sent it to Olympus customer service and even referenced my earlier phone call. I received an answer today. They suggested I call the same number I called previously and explain my problem. GOOD GRIEF!

4. RKTodd

RKTodd Mu-43 Regular

Dec 6, 2012
    Indiana
    Well, you obviously weren't clear enough the first time you called :biggrin:

Kidding!!