1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

[EXPIRED] Quality 52, 58mm Filters, 58mm Close-up Lenses

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by oldracer, Apr 1, 2012.

1. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    These items are from a CraigsList package that I bought because I wanted some of the other things in it. They appear to be in excellent condition but I have not photographed with them.
    These should work on many M43 cameras, possibly with a step-down ring.
    • 58mm Hoya “HMC” Multicoated Close-Up Lenses, #1, #2, #3.
    • “Romar” 58mm Linear Polarizing Filter with rotating element. I don’t think this one is multicoated.
    • Cokin “A” Size Filter Holder with 52mm adapter ring. Adapter rings for other sizes up to 62mm are readily available
    • Cokin A082 DIffuser #1 67mm square filter for “A” holder. This is an uncolored soft-focus filter. Cokin describes these as “Set of two metallized films with different and variable colours to create a romantic diffusion.”
    • Cokin A083 DIffuser #2 67mm square filter for “A” holder. A slightly softer filter than the #1.
    • Cokin A060 Incolor #1 67mm square filter for “A” holder. This is an uncolored soft-focus filter with a clear spot in the center, allowing a subject to be in focus while the background is soft. The amount of diffusion off-center appears to be more than the plain A083 filter.

If you've ever wanted to play around with macro work or with soft-focus portraiture, here's a cheap opportunity.

The three Cokin filters are marked “Made in France.” All filters are in individual protective plastic cases.

As a reference, B&H sells a similar kit of three Hoya close-up lenses (#1, #2, #4) for $60. B&H sells a Cokin kit comprising the “A” holder, the A083, the A082 and an A820 diffuser for $45. So, bought new and ignoring the polarizer, this stuff would be around $100.

Let’s have some fun: Price is $50 less the April date on which you buy and pay for them, down to $30. So buy on April 2, the price is $48. Buy on the 15th, it’s $35. Buy on April 20 or later the price is $30.

Price includes first-class mail shipping in the US, add $2 for PayPal or, better, send me a money order or check. I prefer not to do business with PayPal.

2. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Price creeping up on that $30 point!