QLD Southeast - Abbey Festival 6-7th July

Discussion in 'Mu-43 Member Activities, Meetups, and Hangouts' started by RnR, Jul 5, 2013.

1. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
  2. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse,

I saw something about it on TV the other night and thought about going but I have someone coming tomorrow and Sundays are awkward for me so I guess I'll be giving it a miss.

Thanks for the heads up though. It's handy to get told of interesting things.

Must think about another Brisbane get-together also now that it's cooler, and hopefully drier too.

David

3. Would love to go again this year but I'm currently overseas. It's a great event for photography if anyone else was interested in going.

4. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Talked briefly to Henry (hazwing) a while ago about visiting a night market with some fast glass. Just an idea. Been too slack to investigate which one would be ideal.

Yeah I remember your pics from last year - https://www.mu-43.com/f57/medieval-festival-e-m5-e-pm1-29292/ - my mother is in #22. My folks are vikings again this year, so I thought I better go and take a photo or two :biggrin:

5. Gillymaru

Gillymaru Mu-43 Veteran

I am not working tomorrow hopefully I can get down to it, looks like a great day.

6. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Maria
    I'm hoping to go but not sure of which day.

7. lescox

lescox Mu-43 Regular

Mar 15, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    I am out of the country too unfortunately. Cant make this but putting my OMD to good use

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Mu-43 mobile app

8. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Sounds like a bit of fun, but still travelling overseas at the moment (currently in montenegro)

9. pod

pod Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Australia
    Rob
    In thredbo for a week but was looking forward to that one !

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Mu-43 mobile app

10. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Ahh - would you lot stop having such exciting lives?!?!? :biggrin:

A good day. Awesome weather. A crapload of people there. May even have some half decent images :eek:

11. 350duser

350duser Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 26, 2012
    Brisbane, QLD
    Thanks RnR. Saw your post a bit late. Looks like a great way to spend the day....Maybe next year....

12. Make sure to post some here!

13. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    I also have been hoping that someone would be mean enough to show the rest of us what we missed :)

14. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Here is a quickly compiled set;

Abbey Festival 2013 - a set on Flickr

Lenses used on the day - Nikon 180mm f2.8, Konica 57mm f1.2 and Vivitar 28mm f2 - mostly at f4. So all manually focused.

15. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Looks like fun & similar to Ironfest in Lithgow, NSW (which also includes steampunk too).

16. Nice work! The weather looks like it was just about perfect (it rained a little in 2012). I think that I recognise your Mum from last year in the final image :smile:

17. RamblinR

Aug 16, 2012
    Maria
    I went today. Sooooo many people now attend since the last time I went and it is much bigger. Jousting was to hard to photograph unless you like fences. Hard to get images with so many people walking around.

Here is a link to some for today for me.

Abbey 2013 - a set on Flickr

Carried two bodies one with the 12-35 other with the 35-100. I did bring a couple of primes but didn't use them. Easier with the zooms when there are so many people and you have to quickly grab a shot.

18. RamblinR

Aug 16, 2012
    Maria
    Nice shots.

19. pod

pod Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Australia
    Rob
    Good sets fellas hope you had a 'Yard of Ale' and a hock of pork for me ... :)

20. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nice sets from both of you. Really must try to make the next one.