QLD Southeast - Abbey Festival 6-7th July

Discussion in 'Mu-43 Member Activities, Meetups, and Hangouts' started by RnR, Jul 5, 2013.

1. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
  2. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse,

I saw something about it on TV the other night and thought about going but I have someone coming tomorrow and Sundays are awkward for me so I guess I'll be giving it a miss.

Thanks for the heads up though. It's handy to get told of interesting things.

Must think about another Brisbane get-together also now that it's cooler, and hopefully drier too.

David

3. Would love to go again this year but I'm currently overseas. It's a great event for photography if anyone else was interested in going.

4. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Talked briefly to Henry (hazwing) a while ago about visiting a night market with some fast glass. Just an idea. Been too slack to investigate which one would be ideal.

Yeah I remember your pics from last year - https://www.mu-43.com/f57/medieval-festival-e-m5-e-pm1-29292/ - my mother is in #22. My folks are vikings again this year, so I thought I better go and take a photo or two :biggrin:

5. Gillymaru

Gillymaru Mu-43 Veteran

I am not working tomorrow hopefully I can get down to it, looks like a great day.

6. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Qld Australia
    Maria
    I'm hoping to go but not sure of which day.

7. lescox

lescox Mu-43 Regular

Mar 15, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    I am out of the country too unfortunately. Cant make this but putting my OMD to good use

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Mu-43 mobile app

8. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Sounds like a bit of fun, but still travelling overseas at the moment (currently in montenegro)

9. pod

pod Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Australia
    Rob
    In thredbo for a week but was looking forward to that one !

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Mu-43 mobile app

10. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Ahh - would you lot stop having such exciting lives?!?!? :biggrin:

A good day. Awesome weather. A crapload of people there. May even have some half decent images :eek:

11. 350duser

350duser Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 26, 2012
    Brisbane, QLD
    Thanks RnR. Saw your post a bit late. Looks like a great way to spend the day....Maybe next year....

12. Make sure to post some here!

13. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    I also have been hoping that someone would be mean enough to show the rest of us what we missed :)

14. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Here is a quickly compiled set;

Abbey Festival 2013 - a set on Flickr

Lenses used on the day - Nikon 180mm f2.8, Konica 57mm f1.2 and Vivitar 28mm f2 - mostly at f4. So all manually focused.

15. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Looks like fun & similar to Ironfest in Lithgow, NSW (which also includes steampunk too).

16. Nice work! The weather looks like it was just about perfect (it rained a little in 2012). I think that I recognise your Mum from last year in the final image :smile:

17. RamblinR

Aug 16, 2012
    Qld Australia
    Maria
    I went today. Sooooo many people now attend since the last time I went and it is much bigger. Jousting was to hard to photograph unless you like fences. Hard to get images with so many people walking around.

Here is a link to some for today for me.

Abbey 2013 - a set on Flickr

Carried two bodies one with the 12-35 other with the 35-100. I did bring a couple of primes but didn't use them. Easier with the zooms when there are so many people and you have to quickly grab a shot.

18. RamblinR

Aug 16, 2012
    Qld Australia
    Maria
    Nice shots.

19. pod

pod Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Australia
    Rob
    Good sets fellas hope you had a 'Yard of Ale' and a hock of pork for me ... :)

20. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nice sets from both of you. Really must try to make the next one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.