Qimage

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Qimage - Printing Software

To me, one of the defining factors about photography is the final print. Nowadays, on-line images seem to be more the flavour of the day, but as far as I'm concerned, nothing beats a tangible print that you can hold in the hand or look at on a wall.

But printing is not quite what is was in the old days, and I'm thankful for that, as I no longer have to work in a dark, humid, chemically infested rat hole for hours at a time just to produce one piece of paper that might end up looking like rubbish. And then start all over again.

What one can do today with modern printers is just amazing, and the papers and inks are no less so. But at the basics of printing is the software that one uses and this can become almost like a debate about film vs digital. I really didn't have much fun trying to get good results out of my digital files until I discovered and finally mastered a piece of software called Qimage.

It's an absolute bugger of a program to get your head around, but once you do, you revel in the fact that printing can be so easy. I've got PS and Lightroom, and they just don't compare. The reason that I've raised this post is that many suffer and fight with PS et al, when all they need is Qimage to print perfect prints from 6"x4", to anything your printer can do.

If you like to print, but have never heard of or tried Qimage, do so. Once you get over the interface hurdle, you'll never look back.

Cheers

Ray

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks Ray, I'll add my recommendation... been using Qimage for almost 10 years now - so the lifetime of free upgrades has been incredible - as has been Mike Chaney's unswerving passion for detail.

I also use Qimage for preparing images to send out to a bureau for printing... we did a 200+ print exhibition with over 100 photographers supplying image files from all over the world. Qimage allowed me to give a consistent high quality across the board. :2thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks for the link Bill, I'll add that to my bookmarks. :thumbup:

Cheers

Brian

Latest threads

Top Bottom