1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Q: OMD EM1 - stabilization with Metabones adapter and Nikon lens

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by billinvegas, May 18, 2015.

1. billinvegas

billinvegas Mu-43 Rookie

May 10, 2015
    Hi,

once again, forgive the noob question...

Since the Olympus cameras are stabilized in the body,
    does this stabilization work when a Nikon G to M 4/3 adapter is used?

Does it require a menu setting?

thanks

2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    In the stabilization menu press the info button to set the correct focal length and it will function using whichever mode it's set to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. billinvegas

billinvegas Mu-43 Rookie

May 10, 2015
    Thanks for that info...

If using a zoom lens, I assume you would enter the longer focal length - correct?

Also, focal length - the actual focal length of the lens (i.e. Nikon 300mm)
    or the crop factor FOV focal length on the body (i.e. Nikon 300mm - then 600mm)

4. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    If you only use the zoom at the long end use that value, if you actually use it as a zoom use the widest end. It will compensate and help all of the time at the wide however it will under correct for movement at the long end and won't over correct like if you use a high value and then shoot wide (which causes blurry images even at higher shutter speeds).

5. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    You should try as much as possible to input the correct focal length. If there is no need for IBIS a better option could be to just turn it off especially with wide lenses.

6. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    actual focal length. even native m43 lenses are identified by its inherent property. e.g. the 12-40mm is recognized by camera as 12-40 , not 24-80.
    FOV equivalency is only for us humans to have frame of reference.

for zoom lens put the value closest to the FL that you intend to use, otherwise stabilization will be much less effective.