Q: OMD EM-1 nikon lens, metabones adapter - focus peaking?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by billinvegas, May 18, 2015.

1. billinvegas

billinvegas Mu-43 Rookie

May 10, 2015
    Forgive the noob questions...

Am I assuming correctly that the zoom / focus peaking features only work with
    Olympus / M 4/3 lenses?

I purchased a metabones "G" adapter (not the speed booster) and tried it out with
    my Nikon 50mm 1.8 G

Images look good, but I was kind of hoping for the focus peak assist, and perhaps even the zoom assist to help with the manual focus...

Are these available using the Nikon lens and Metabones adapter?

2. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Peaking works with every lens but is activated automatically only with native lenses or maybe some electronic adapters. It's called MF assist.

To use it with other lenses you have to assign the peaking to a function button to turn it on/off manually. The same goes for magnify.
    It makes sense to customize one MySet to be used with MF lenses, for example I use Fn1 for magnify and Rec for peaking.
  3. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    peaking is just basically contrast-detection algorithm (places with highest contrast = most in focus). it can work with any lens setup.

for me, it made the most sense to assign the 2 front body (middle finger & ring finger) to toggle on peaking and magnification manually. i can use either or both as needed.