1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Q about Leica Summaron 3.5 35mm

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by stan2, Oct 14, 2013.

1. stan2

stan2 New to Mu-43

Oct 9, 2013
    so I found an adapter for this nifty little lens to mount on Oly EPL5. How the heck does it focus? is the focus ring supposed to turn, or just the aperture settings? If I set to, say, wide open, the only way I seem to be able to focus is with my feet. Is my focus ring stuck, or does it not turn? Any particular tricks to using this lens on MFT cameras? I also have a 90mm super vemar. Focus ring works fine on that.

thx for any ideas!

2. orfeo

orfeo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 27, 2013
    FR
    The focusing tab locks in order to unscrew the lens from the camera on a screwmount leica. You need to push down the locking know to liberate the focusing tab. That lens is old! (but sharp as a tack!)

3. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    Correct.

Also note that you may have run into an adapter that blocks the infinity lock button's travel. If pressing the button toward the body doesn't release the focus then try removing the lens from the adapter and trying again.

If it only works off of the adapter you need to find a different adapter. I haven't heard of anyone running into this with LTM>m43 adapters, but it is not uncommon to encounter it with LTM>LeicaM adapters.