1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Q About B&W Printing Services

Discussion in 'Printing' started by exakta, Oct 30, 2018.

1. exakta

exakta Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 2, 2015
    I've been using Adorama Pix for my digital printing up to now but it's all been color. I have a large number of B&W negatives going back over 50 years I'm starting to scan and am also going to start shooting more B&W with my E-M10. Although I used to have a darkroom, I have no plans to get seriously into printing here at home.

I've seen a few printing services online that use actual B&W photo paper but sizes only go to 10x15, all using Ilford paper. I'm not sure how large I would go with my old 35mm negs (never went beyond 8x10 back in the day), but I can see going 16x20 or larger for my new shots. I've also seen one service that offers the typical larger sizes available for color.

For those who shoot a lot of B&W, please share your printing experiences with me. Thx!

2. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Houston
    For years now I have used Mpix Pro. Please note that there is a difference in services/prices/quality between Mpix and Mpix Pro. I have always been happy with their prints, color and B&W. Since getting my Epson P800 I pretty much do my own printing, unless I need something really large that is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.