1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

pyTT: controlling a TriggerTrap Mobile from a PC

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Mark0, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Mark0

Mark0 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Near Venice, Italy
    I'm sure many of you already know the Triggertrap, and the Mobile version in particular. It's a very nice alternative to a common intervalometer, at least for some uses. Much more flexible for sure, with the added advantage of having less things to take around, since a smartphone is already with us.

Anyway, I received mine today and couldn't resist playing a bit with it. So, I come up with a Python module to control it. So, instead of attaching it to an Android smartphone or an iPhone / iPod, it can be connected to the audio out of any PC, laptop, ultrabook, etc., and controlled with a Python program. That means that there's really no limit to what can trigger a shot: a key press, a specific time interval, a command via IM, a web access, etc.

If anyone with some Python programming experience want to play a bit, here's my tiny module's page: PyTt

• Like Like x 3
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Nice work. I can see lots of applications for something like this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark0

Mark0 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Near Venice, Italy
    My PC took this self-portrait - literally! :smile:

L0b18mT.

4. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    Dan
    This is fantastic Mark0! I haven't gotten a Triggertrap yet, but I'll be sure to look at this when I do.

• Like Like x 1