pyTT: controlling a TriggerTrap Mobile from a PC

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Mark0, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Mark0

Mark0 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Near Venice, Italy
    I'm sure many of you already know the Triggertrap, and the Mobile version in particular. It's a very nice alternative to a common intervalometer, at least for some uses. Much more flexible for sure, with the added advantage of having less things to take around, since a smartphone is already with us.

Anyway, I received mine today and couldn't resist playing a bit with it. So, I come up with a Python module to control it. So, instead of attaching it to an Android smartphone or an iPhone / iPod, it can be connected to the audio out of any PC, laptop, ultrabook, etc., and controlled with a Python program. That means that there's really no limit to what can trigger a shot: a key press, a specific time interval, a command via IM, a web access, etc.

If anyone with some Python programming experience want to play a bit, here's my tiny module's page: PyTt

• Like Like x 3
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Nice work. I can see lots of applications for something like this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark0

Mark0 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Near Venice, Italy
    My PC took this self-portrait - literally! :smile:

L0b18mT.jpg

4. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    Dan
    This is fantastic Mark0! I haven't gotten a Triggertrap yet, but I'll be sure to look at this when I do.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.