Pushing a Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro even closer...

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by iGonzoid, Apr 24, 2013.

1. iGonzoid

iGonzoid Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 6, 2011
    Tasmania, Australia
    I have just bought a Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro Lens [advertised also as LESTER DINE KIRON 105] Olympus OM mount, and yes it begins with the "22" serial number [as advised by Ned]. I scoured the threads dealing with this lens and became convinced it was the best legacy Macro in the longer range.
    I already have the P/L 45, with which I am most happy. Recently I bought an Olympus 4/3 digital 35mm macro, which actually works [AF etc] with the Kenko tubes [10+16mm] stacked [which the PL45 does not with the first iteration of the Kenko tubes]. However, the resultant close working distance is too close for live, active spiders. So I will sell it when the V 100 f2.8 arrives in about a week.
    I am hoping that a 3X Vivitar tele-extender in OM mount, which I scored on impulse a while back, will give me a killer beyond-macro combination, when combined with the Vivitar 100mm f/2.8. I will even try adding the tubes to see if I can get even greater macro. Yes, I know tele-extenders do degrade optical performance but it was an under $20 bargain.
    Has anybody else tried adding extenders or tubes to the Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 or similar macro lenses on m4/3? I love getting right up close [visually] to my spiders.

2. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.