1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Purple Pixel

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by DynaSport, Jul 25, 2013.

1. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    I have an E-PM1 that I have recently noticed has a bad pixel. I just took a shot to show you guys what I mean. My question is, is there anything I can do about it? It doesn't show up in all photos, but it does rear it's ugly head from time to time and I have lost faith in the camera.

Thanks in advance.

Here's the full photo.
    [ame="http://s395.photobucket.com/user/DynaSport/media/P7252019_zps0c5b8ec1.jpg.html"]P7252019_zps0c5b8ec1.jpg Photo by DynaSport | Photobucket[/ame]

And here is a crop showing the bad pixel. It is on the sofa to the right of Harley's head.
    [ame="http://s395.photobucket.com/user/DynaSport/media/P7252019_2_zpsc9b0aba2.jpg.html"]P7252019_2_zpsc9b0aba2.jpg Photo by DynaSport | Photobucket[/ame]

Ok, I don't know why the photos aren't showing up. They do in preview, but not when I actually save the post. If you click the link, it will take you to the photo on Photobucket. Sorry.

2. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    Thank you very much, I was afraid I would need to send the camera back to Olympus. I'll give it a shot and hope it works. The thing is, my bad pixel is showing up purple, not white or black as described in the linked article.

3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

New rock band! Purple Pixel!:biggrin:

Try the pixel mapping. It does help although it isn't perfect. I have an E-PL1 that when it gets hot has several pixels that go red or blue or green or what ever other color they feel like. After doing pixel mapping there are mostly gone. A couple still show up after intense use.

4. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    That seems to have fixed it. :2thumbs: