Pure Luck

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Djarum, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    So I was down at the creek/greenway when I came across this squirrel high up in the tree. As soon as I pushed the trigger, he jumped.

Shot with the 4/3 40-150 on the E-P1. I'm not sure how he/she is even in focus.

P2064557_scale.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  2. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Both squirrel and photographer are gifted.

• Like Like x 1
  3. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Nice catch!

4. GregU

GregU Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Great shot! Take credit for being there, with your camera, and spotting the squirrel in the first place. The jump was the reward for getting out with your camera.

I'd like to continue the thread with a photo I think I've posted in the 20mm image thread. The "luck" part is the fact that 1:30 in the afternoon on a Sunday at Epcot, I was able to frame the building without anyone blocking the splendid view. I didn't even realize this until I uploaded the pictures to my computer.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/29622680@N02/5386643186/" title="P1233618 by gregoryurban, on Flickr"> 5386643186_bcfe38faeb_z. "640" height="480" alt="P1233618" /></a>

• Like Like x 3
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Good going, Jason! I'm in agreement that three things came into play - your eye, the squirrel's athletic abilities and the luck of timing.:2thumbs:

I also think Greg that you've hit on a great idea about continuing this thread for others to add their photos to that they feel involve "pure luck". I'm going to move it now to the Other Genres image forum so it may continue evolve.:th_salute: Your shot of that building with not a single soul around was very good luck, indeed!

6. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Thank you for the kind comments, but in all seriousness, if the camera had locked original focus like I had intended, I would have just gotten the picture of him eating the nuts. Focus wasn't as close as I'd like, so I used MF and when the focus was set, I took the picture just as he was jumping.

7. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Wow. You are correct. Everyone must have been at lunch. Everytime I go to theme parks like that, I get so frustrated with the amount of people in the way of good photo opporotunities.

8. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    uhhhhh scuse me.......

I will have youse all know there is no luck in any of the above images. As members of this forum, it must be attributed to skill, a velvet hand and an eagle eye....

you are now returned to your regular programing.....

• Like Like x 2
  9. greyelm

greyelm Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    London
    Malcolm
    Lovely shot, i find that as soon as i get my camera to my eye the squirrel has disappeared!

This is one of my lucky shots, i was shooting with a Leitz Summitar and left the aperture at f2 by mistake and produced this.

Seagullblur.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I have to say that I love the blur and those orangey red gull feet!