Purchased E-M1 with 12-40...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by silver92b, Aug 24, 2014.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    GAS got significantly worse last night and today... Someone posted about a sub $900 E-M1 refurb body from Olympus. One thing led to another and I found a E-M1 with the 12-40f2.8 on ebay for just under $1700...... So, it should be in the mail tomorrow or so :smile:
    Now I must sell somethings.. My E-M5 with the grip/battery holder, my EP-5 and probably the PL 12-35f2.8, all come to mind. I have way too much stuff now and must find a way to offset the expenses.

I know that much has been posted about the E-M1, I hope that I will be happy enough with it so I can sell my other gear without too much regret. I know some of you have gone from the E-M5 to the E-M1, what has been your experience?

BTW, I can't wait to get my hands on the combo :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  2. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    ergonomics better. hated that em5 power switch....its not 1-handed on em1 as i thought i would have liked but absolutely zero complaint in real world

3. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Sell everything else. You will love it.

4. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Love my E-M1 and 12-40. The only shortfall is long exposure photography (at night, in particular), but I don't do all that much of that, and worst case, I can always pick up an E-P5 for that.

Z...

5. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Why is e-m1 not good for long exposure photography?

6. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

The sensor shows up more noise/hot pixels than the Sony Sensor equipped siblings. It's fairly well documented, seen a post about it here on this very site. By long, I mean in excess of about 10 seconds.

Z...

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.