Purchased E-M1 with 12-40...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by silver92b, Aug 24, 2014.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    GAS got significantly worse last night and today... Someone posted about a sub $900 E-M1 refurb body from Olympus. One thing led to another and I found a E-M1 with the 12-40f2.8 on ebay for just under $1700...... So, it should be in the mail tomorrow or so :smile:
    Now I must sell somethings.. My E-M5 with the grip/battery holder, my EP-5 and probably the PL 12-35f2.8, all come to mind. I have way too much stuff now and must find a way to offset the expenses.

I know that much has been posted about the E-M1, I hope that I will be happy enough with it so I can sell my other gear without too much regret. I know some of you have gone from the E-M5 to the E-M1, what has been your experience?

BTW, I can't wait to get my hands on the combo :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  2. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
    ergonomics better. hated that em5 power switch....its not 1-handed on em1 as i thought i would have liked but absolutely zero complaint in real world

3. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Sell everything else. You will love it.

4. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Love my E-M1 and 12-40. The only shortfall is long exposure photography (at night, in particular), but I don't do all that much of that, and worst case, I can always pick up an E-P5 for that.

Z...

5. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Why is e-m1 not good for long exposure photography?

6. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

The sensor shows up more noise/hot pixels than the Sony Sensor equipped siblings. It's fairly well documented, seen a post about it here on this very site. By long, I mean in excess of about 10 seconds.

Z...

• Like Like x 1