Pulled the trigger on the Panny 14-140

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by silver92b, Apr 4, 2013.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Like many a new M4/3 owner, I have bought too many lenses too quickly for my own good :eek:. I should have researched better and acted more deliberately.
    Anyway, I finally decided that what I want are the fewest, most appropriate lenses for my type of shooting. I really want sharp lenses and also some fast lenses for low light shooting.
    I sold the Panny 20mm f1.7 and got the 25mm f1.4, then I decided that I did not really liked the Panny 45-200 which I bought impulsively (too soft) and now I pulled the trigger on a Panny 14-140.
    I still have the Oly 40-150 and the Oly 12-50 kit lens as well as the Panny 100-300, and a number of legacy lenses.

I hope that I am finally getting the lenses I can be happy with. The lesson here "for me" is not to take short cuts. I hope the 14-140 performs as well as I hope :wink:
  2. RAC

RAC New to Mu-43

Jan 20, 2013
    Rick Church
    Your story is quite similar to mine.

I too have bought lenses on the idea I might like the range or size only to be convinced by my style of shooting that I needed something different.

I have to make a confession here, I don't shoot with primes, and I don't particularly like them. :eek:

I find the large superzoom lens works for me as a go everywhere lens. So far the Pan 14-140 seems to be pretty sharp with good contrast and color. Sure it is bigger and heavier than many of the other m4/3 lenses. But then again, I have used my Sigma 120-400 handheld on my DSLR for many out in the field bird shoots. And that lens alone weighs about 4 lbs. So any combo of m4/3 seems light in comparison.

I like the 14-140 a lot, and plan on giving it a good trial, once the weather starts to clear up.