Pulled the trigger on the Panny 14-140

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by silver92b, Apr 4, 2013.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Like many a new M4/3 owner, I have bought too many lenses too quickly for my own good :eek:. I should have researched better and acted more deliberately.
    Anyway, I finally decided that what I want are the fewest, most appropriate lenses for my type of shooting. I really want sharp lenses and also some fast lenses for low light shooting.
    I sold the Panny 20mm f1.7 and got the 25mm f1.4, then I decided that I did not really liked the Panny 45-200 which I bought impulsively (too soft) and now I pulled the trigger on a Panny 14-140.
    I still have the Oly 40-150 and the Oly 12-50 kit lens as well as the Panny 100-300, and a number of legacy lenses.

I hope that I am finally getting the lenses I can be happy with. The lesson here "for me" is not to take short cuts. I hope the 14-140 performs as well as I hope :wink:

2. RAC

RAC New to Mu-43

Jan 20, 2013
    Michigan
    Rick Church
    Your story is quite similar to mine.

I too have bought lenses on the idea I might like the range or size only to be convinced by my style of shooting that I needed something different.

I have to make a confession here, I don't shoot with primes, and I don't particularly like them. :eek:

I find the large superzoom lens works for me as a go everywhere lens. So far the Pan 14-140 seems to be pretty sharp with good contrast and color. Sure it is bigger and heavier than many of the other m4/3 lenses. But then again, I have used my Sigma 120-400 handheld on my DSLR for many out in the field bird shoots. And that lens alone weighs about 4 lbs. So any combo of m4/3 seems light in comparison.

I like the 14-140 a lot, and plan on giving it a good trial, once the weather starts to clear up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.