Pulled the trigger on a used E-M1.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Mstoeckle, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Mstoeckle

Mstoeckle Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    So I finally purchased an E-M1, used, but through a reputable dealer. I currently shoot with an E-M5 and E-P5 with a VF-4. My question to those members that apply,.... does one E-M1 fill the void of both the E-M5 and E-P5? I don't need a second body? Or did I answer my own question?

2. sfmurph

sfmurph Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2013
    San Francisco
    If you don't need a second (or a smaller) body, then you should sell your E-M5, E-P5 and VF4. Pretty clear, I think.

3. wanderenvy

wanderenvy Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Are you trying to get us to justify why one body is enough? If so, you are asking the wrong crowd. :)

If you plan to shoot events, you will need multiple bodies. You can't change lenses and need two bodies to cover wide and tele ranges. Or you need one as a backup; it's usually not possible to reschedule the event coz the photog is having technical issues.

But if this is purely a hobby to you, it may be a case of wanting two bodies than really needing it. You may be better off dumping the others and recovering money for a future purchase. All three of those cameras are approx in the same generation and two are getting old.

Unless, of course, you want to keep a smaller second body around for carrying everywhere.

Short answer - only you can decide. And you can choose to be realistic or wishful. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.