Pulled the trigger on a used E-M1.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Mstoeckle, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Mstoeckle

Mstoeckle Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    So I finally purchased an E-M1, used, but through a reputable dealer. I currently shoot with an E-M5 and E-P5 with a VF-4. My question to those members that apply,.... does one E-M1 fill the void of both the E-M5 and E-P5? I don't need a second body? Or did I answer my own question?
  2. sfmurph

sfmurph Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2013
    San Francisco
    If you don't need a second (or a smaller) body, then you should sell your E-M5, E-P5 and VF4. Pretty clear, I think.
  3. wanderenvy

wanderenvy Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Are you trying to get us to justify why one body is enough? If so, you are asking the wrong crowd. :)

If you plan to shoot events, you will need multiple bodies. You can't change lenses and need two bodies to cover wide and tele ranges. Or you need one as a backup; it's usually not possible to reschedule the event coz the photog is having technical issues.

But if this is purely a hobby to you, it may be a case of wanting two bodies than really needing it. You may be better off dumping the others and recovering money for a future purchase. All three of those cameras are approx in the same generation and two are getting old.

Unless, of course, you want to keep a smaller second body around for carrying everywhere.

Short answer - only you can decide. And you can choose to be realistic or wishful. :)