1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by s0nus, Apr 1, 2011.

1. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    Howdy all. I just got back from a quick trip to Puerto Rico. I put an album up on my Picasa page here: Puerto Rico - 2011

The pictures are a mix, shot with my EPL1 and my fiance's Panasonic TZ5. EXIF info is available in the right sidebar when viewing the pictures not in slideshow mode.

Overall, PR is a really cool place. An odd mix of Spanish and American colonialism with great natural beauty. I'll definitely be returning some day!

• Like Like x 2
  2. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    Love the clouds in the first one....Me too. I was in Puerto Rico last week. I came home a week ago with bronchitis and haven't felt like going through my images. Yours are an inspiration to get me to do it. Thanks

3. Some very cool shots there! I'm hoping to travel to Central America and Cuba maybe late next year or 2013, but I don't know if we'll be able to fit in Puerto Rico. I actually have to say I'm just as impressed with the results from the TZ5. I got a second-hand one for my fiance when we went to the Middle East last year and it did a brilliant job.

4. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    LisaO - Thanks! Sometimes I'm motivated to immediately dive in and process photos, but other times a break to remove yourself from the experience is good as well.

Luckypenguin - The TZ5 produces noticeably cooler tones, and struggles with very dynamic lighting conditions more than the EPL1. It still produces great images for its size. The 2 cameras make a great combination; because the TZ5 is pocketable, I'm sometimes more comfortable with it in certain situations where we don't want to draw too much attention to ourselves.