1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

PSE 13 won't read my G7 Raw files

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by DynaSport, Aug 19, 2015.

1. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    Well, I am very excited. I just got my new G7, took a few photos and uploaded them into my computer. I am a Mac user and iPhoto had no problems with the RAW files. However, I use PS# 13 to edit my files and it won't read them. I updated PSE 13 to make sure I have the latest version, and it still won't read them. I found a file on an Adobe support page that says I need version 9.1 of the camera raw plug in, but when I checked I only have version 9.0. The problem is I don't know how to update to version 9.1. When I run the PSE updater it tells my my program is up to date. Does anyone have any idea how to update the camera raw plug in to version 9.1?

Thanks

2. WRay

WRay Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Riverside, California
    Ray
    I would keep trying with the Elements 13 updater. Adobe sometimes does roll outs with the raw updater. It might take a day or two for it to work.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. gravijaflare

gravijaflare Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2014
    A planet called Gaia
  4. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    I had a similar problem last year when I bought the (then) brand new EM10. Photoshop CC and Lightroom got the RAW update fairly promptly but there was no sign of an update for the version of PSE I had, which I think was the most recent version at the time. Apple also took a very long time to update the RAW for the EM10. This is what forced me to try Lightroom. I am glad I switched to LR in the long run, but it was very annoying.

5. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    I've done a bit of searching on this issue and it seems that this is a fairly common problem. The really strange thing is that some people don't have this issue with the same version of PSE that I use and others do. I will keep trying. In the meantime, iPhoto reads the files fine, and while I much prefer PSE to iPhoto for editing, at least I can process the files in iPhoto.

6. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    I Googled this problem out of interest and you are not alone. I downloaded ARC 9.1 to my Mac but cannot get it into PSE13.
    I do not have a G7 BTW.

However this was suggested on another forum.....

If Adobe has not released the ACR 9.1 update for Elements 13 by now, I doubt they will do it. If they stick to their release schedule, Elements 14 should be here in September and it will come with the latest ACR update installed.

Here is a possibility -- You can convert the Panasonic G7's Raw files to the non-proprietary DNG format using Adobe's free DNG Converter. Once your Raw files have been converted to DNG, they should open in the Raw Converter in Elements.

You could always enter into Live Chat with Adobe technical help, they are very good....from experience.