PS free photo editing

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by mcasan, Aug 18, 2014.

1. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    So this is free of using Photoshop and not a "free" alternative?

2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta

Watch the video and you will know. :wink:

3. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Sorry, maybe later, it's 35 minutes. But a quick scan /jumping around I hit (at about the minute 30 mark) he notes that he also uses Photoshop to sometimes finish something.

4. LeftyRodriguez

LeftyRodriguez Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 13, 2014
    Dallas
    It's not really legal, though, unless you own a legit copy, They turned off the authentication servers so they made CS2 not require a password. However, legally you're required to have purchased a legit copy. Here's the relevant legal language: "The serial numbers provided as a part of the download may only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products."

5. gpburdell

gpburdell Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2014
    Yep. May as well run a pirated copy of a current version at that point.

6. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Where exactly did you find that language? IIRC, when this whole fiasco was going on, the only place someone said "illegal" was in an adobe forum, and there was never a press release on any adobe website that said yes or no. I remember checking the actual Adobe website about 2 weeks after it happened, and not seeing anything like that.

7. LeftyRodriguez

Aug 13, 2014
    Dallas
  8. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    It is just giving me a sign-in page on your link. If so, this is the first I have heard of an official announcement from them regarding it, rather than "some guy" said so. Not saying I don't believe you, just trying to find accurate information on the Internet (always a challenge).

9. LeftyRodriguez

Aug 13, 2014
    Dallas
    The download page is after you log in. You have to have an Adobe account to access it, so either you can trust that it's there or you can log in and see for yourself.

10. gpburdell

gpburdell Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2014
    Here's a screen grab of the text. You'd need to be signed in with an Adobe ID to get to the page.

Capture.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Thanks guys. Didn't feel like either finding my AdobeID (if I made one) or signing up just to verify. Again, wasn't trying to call you guys out, just remembered that when it first came out, there was no notice about that, even after it was "stated" as such on forums. Nice to see Adobe finally clearing the air definatively.