PS-BLS5 Battery Recommendations for E-PL3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by zaudo, Jul 10, 2012.

1. zaudo

zaudo New to Mu-43

Jul 10, 2012
    Hi all,

New user here - it's great to see such an active community!

I've just bought an E-PL3, and I'm getting along very well with it so far. However, battery life seems fairly poor (but I think that goes for all M43s of this form factor, so is not a criticism of the E-PL3).

I'm looking to pick a couple of spares to carry around. It seems that the E-PL3 can take both the PS-BLS1 and PS-BLS5 (which came with it), but that the BLS5 is Lithium-Ion and is therefore the one to get.

The official Olympus BLS5 costs £70, which is crazy! Could anybody recommend a generic replacement that they've bought which works well? There are many on eBay, but I've bought batteries on eBay before which turn out to either break within a few days, or not hold their charge at all well. So it would be great to hear of a particular retailer which sells decent replacements.

In particular, I found some on eBay which are 2000mAh, as opposed to the official Olympus battery which is 1150mAh. If there are any that really are this capacity, then that would be great!

Thanks in advance.
  2. zaudo

zaudo New to Mu-43

Jul 10, 2012

Anyone tried any after-market batteries for the E-PL3?
  3. pheaukus

pheaukus Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    I got this one . Sold as original but you never know unless it's directly from Oly. Works just as fine/bad as the one I got with the camera. Shipping costs within Europe are €7,95.

// The price plus shipping accounts to ~GBP 37, so not sure if original. Their generic product comes at ca. half that price.
  4. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ