Protective filter for 20mm pancake

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
just wondering, what's the basis for kenko and hoya being the same?

are they coming out of the same factory or did one of the companies buy the other or something?

To my knowledge.. pentax currently owns hoya right?
They are owned by the same parent compay and Hoya make the glass for both.

They don't perform the same. See here... Filter Tests

Note that Pentax does not own Hoya, Hoya owns Pentax. Technically, Hoya and Pentax merged but Hoya (the much larger company) then sold off the unprofitable parts of Pentax. The Pentax's camera division was to be sold to Samsung but I don't think that ever happened.

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
Honestly folks, after years of testing filters extensively I can ONLY recommend you consider either the Hoya HMC or better (multi coated) or the B+W and Heliopan (German Schott glass quality) multicoated (MRC) models, otherwise pass. They WILL degrade the IQ somewhat unless you go this route. With circular polarizers they are already coated so no worries. Avoid Tiffen like the plague, they suck big time and are NOT multicoated to avoid flare.
I've been extremely happy with the B+W MRC filter for my OLY kit lens.

nTo

Mu-43 Regular
i use a kenko PL filter 46mm. The best store in my town does not have a UV filter with 46mm diameter so i went on with a PL filter instead. I always attached it because i don't want my lense to get dirty.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom