Protecting the LCD screen???

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by canuckgser, Apr 4, 2013.

1. canuckgser

canuckgser Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2013
    Not necessarily an Olympus only question but I am about to purchase either an E-PL5 or the OM-D EM-5 and am concerned about keeping the screen from getting all scratched up. What do people do? Screen protectors like on a smart phone or is there a protective case that covers the screen? I have never had a camera with such a large and exposed screen before - scratching my head on this one because I know what my phone screens look like after a few months!

Cheers

2. keith1200rs

keith1200rs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    North Yorkshire
    I use an Exim Pro protector on my cameras. They are specifically cut for each camera so they are a perfect fit.

Keith

3. AceAceBaby

AceAceBaby Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 21, 2013
    I bought the cheapest cell phone screen I could find and cut it roughly to size for my E-PL5.

4. canuckgser

canuckgser Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2013
    Ok - thanks, just wasn't sure if there was a better way. I don't really care if my cell phone gets a bit scratched (although I use a protective cover) and I wasn't sure if people were buying special cases or some other kit to keep the screen in good shape.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.