1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Protect PEN LCD screen?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by billhuegerich, Oct 27, 2011.

1. billhuegerich

billhuegerich Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 27, 2011
    Hello, I recently found out that Olympus charges a flat rate $116 to repair a broken LCD screen on an E-PL2. Don't ask me how I know. :-( Anyway, I was wondering if the half cases made for this camera cover the screen to protect it, or if it would still be exposed anyway?

I'll admit that I use my cameras, not baby them. So, I want something to still keep it small and light, but offer that screen a little protection when I throw the camera over my shoulder and go about life's normal activities.

Thanks!
    Bill

2. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    I'm not sure of the screen size... But invest in one of these. They have different sizes for every size of LCD screens.

Universal Black Pop-Up Shade for 2.8 Inch Diagonal LCDs

(I bought mine off ebay, slightly less $$$)

It's a pop up shade from Delkin that also has a clear cover to cover the screen when you're using the LCD screen. Also provides shade :smile:

3. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I got one of these and it fits the E-PL2 perfectly - looks good and also offers what I'd consider very good screen protection as well (short of hiding the screen altogether, which kind of defeats the purpose of having it, as it then becomes a hassle to view it when you want to).

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I haven't tried this product, but I can tell you that the screen on the E-PL2 is 3 inches diagonal. I don't know how well it fits, but I have seen Delkin shades in that size. Keep in mind that 3" is a diagonal measurement, so let's just assume that the aspect is standard. :) I think it is...

5. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    here's what i found when i did a google... :thumbup:

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Good find, and right on this site too. ;) If the 2.8" version fits on the E-PL1 (as indicated in that thread), then the 3" version will fit on the E-PL2...

7. billhuegerich

billhuegerich Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 27, 2011