1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Propperly defishing an eye.)

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by TheMenWhoDrawSheeps, Jul 27, 2016.

1. TheMenWhoDrawSheeps

TheMenWhoDrawSheeps Mu-43 Regular

Jun 15, 2016
    Need to defish Walimex 12mm f2.8 for some architecture shots.
    Yes, 12-40mm does better Job and is even slightly sharper. Walimex on other hand can be tilted and shifted and high resolution on f5.6-8, the difference is barely visible.

Now, how i make that sucker rectliniar?
    Played a bit in dxo, but i need a better solution.

Any other rectliniar manual canon fe mount options in 12-18mm range? Fixed and as fast as possible.

Thank you!

Sent from my D5503 using Mu-43 app

2. Photoshop cc has a profile for the Samyang 12 f2.8 to defish the picture. Can be found in Adobe Camera Raw (version 9.6.0)>Lens Corrections>Lens Profile.
    In older versions of Camera Raw, You can try the profiles for the Nikon fisheye lenses.

Another option is PTGui (but never tried that before).

3. TheMenWhoDrawSheeps

Jun 15, 2016
    I'll give a try Cc, but fear that the Standard Profile won't help much - already tried all profiles in dxo, and was quite dissapointed with the results.

Prefferably i would want to avoid pt gui - got it, yes it has some presets, on how to combine the Panorama, but they give no control to fine adjustments.

Sent from my D5503 using Mu-43 app

4. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    You may try Hugin, definitely not a friendly program but you can do about anything with a lot of projection modes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I could try to improve Your picture, if You would be willing to post it (to Dropbox or such like). No guarantees, however.

6. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. TheMenWhoDrawSheeps

Jun 15, 2016
    Go for it guys%) Im struggeling to deliver fluid workflow on a T/S Walimex 12 mm Fisheye. High Res, f 5.6.

Wjiang, maybe im doing smth wrong with Hugin, but:
    1. it crashes on High res .tiff files from dxo
    2. it doesnt allign propperly.
    3. The projections are pre-set same way as in pt-Gui, yes there are more of them, but i would like to have more control over curvature correction.

PS does ok job easily stitching the shifted shots. now i need a workflow which prevents jumping between same programs. now i have to process single shots in DXO, jump over to PScc to allign shots, jump back to do some defishing, keystoning, etc...

P7260347.JPG P7260346.JPG

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  8. wjiang

I see your problem... you're trying to stitch two differently tilt-shifted fish-eye shots. Unfortunately that makes the math very complicated and the usual software just can't cope, as it has no way of accounting for the fish-eye projection AND your unknown amount of tilt/shift. Next time, just use the fish-eye as is and do the stitch/reprojection together in post...

9. I have to concur with wjiang: AFAIK, this panorama is impossible to defish. Try to reshoot the building with only one picture, don't do a panorama.

10. wjiang

You can still do a panorama with a fisheye, just don't tilt shift. I've had no problems stitching 360 degree panoramas using multiple fisheye shots.

11. TheMenWhoDrawSheeps

Jun 15, 2016
    my failure was making decentered shift - i took 0mm and +8mm shots, which made it so hard to process.

tried today a 5 shot from -12mm to +12mm, and processed in PS with Fisheye Hemi/Adaprive wide angle. got some working results.

12mm+TB
    P7280304_orig.

P7280304_WA.

and the shifted

Untitled_Panorama1_small_orig.

Untitled_Panorama1_small_WA.

I still have to find some propper subject to shoot orthogonaly, to see which works better/ gives straight results/more predictable result - 12mm T/S Fisheye, 12mm Fisheye+Torbo booster, or a simple 12mm panorama post processed.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1