Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by mkee, Apr 6, 2013.

1. mkee

mkee Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2012
    Long Beach CA
    A good friend of mine planned a Proposal under the guise of a photo shoot and he was having me shoot it. This was my first attempt at this type of shoot and he had his band there to sing his now fiancee her favorite song. I had a lot of fun with this and thought I would share a few photos with you all.

M&B Proposal - a set on Flickr

Equipment used was:
    GF1(borrowed from a friend who used my wife's g3 for video at start) G3(shot after video of song and proposal were over) and OMD (the workhorse for me today).

Lenses used were: Olympus 75, Panasonic 25, Olympus 60, Olympus 12 (borrowed from my father), Leica 50 (borrowed from my father.

I was really worried about not having a zoom but I think it worked out ok and it was a lot of fun. Let me know what ya think! :)
  2. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    I think it was a great idea, and the couple obviously had a great time, everyone looks so happy !!

A few of the shots had inconsistent or odd exposure, but the majority are very good indeed, and some showed excellent creativity, I'd have never thought of doing the caterpillar with the ring shot, for example.

I think you recorded the event really well, and the couple will have a fantastic record of it - well done !! :2thumbs:
  3. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
  4. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    This would have been a great video!! The photos are nice!
  5. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Pictures look great, and most importantly, they both look so happy!
  6. mpresley

mpresley Mu-43 Regular

Sep 13, 2012
    Wolfe City, TX
    we get so spoiled with zooms don't we? nicely done, I'm sure they're very happy with your work.
  7. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Awesome idea and shots. He must have been so nervous (or he's got nerves of steel)
  8. mkee

mkee Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2012
    Long Beach CA
    Thanks all for the kind words and help. I noticed I need to fix my exposure a bit in post I still have a lot to learn here.

They had a blast and she was super surprised. As for his nerves they gave her a hint as to what was going to be coming but the band defiantly caught her off guard.
  9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Yet another example of why we shoot.....:smile:
  10. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Thanks for sharing. These are fantastic!
  11. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    Somewhat similar to a wedding shoot but I found it more interesting and fun.