1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

'proper' wave

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by nickthetasmaniac, Sep 14, 2011.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Due to uni commitments (it's almost over) I haven't been bodyboarding in about 6 months, so I thought I'd post a couple of slabs to keep the juices flowing :smile:

'Crunchies' going dry at 8ft - sorry stand-ups, but this one just isn't for you :wink:

Taken a few years ago with a K20D and DA* 50-135/f2.8

3603344275_3ac883edb5_b.

3604144168_40c5bd628c_b.

• Like Like x 3
  2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Love the color of the wave.

3. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks, all of the deep-water waves on the east coast have this green 'glow' to them. It's a beautiful place to be in the water :smile:

The wave is a nasty little b@#*h though, the only places I've ever drawn blood or snapped boards have been here and The Box in WA...

4. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

Nasty stuff. And cold!
    The top wave looks frozen solid.

Hard to get a handle on how big that is, but I've seen enough photo's of Shipstern's with people (stand-ups) on to get an idea.
    Crazy Tasmaniacs.

5. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    Not as big as the Stern, but heavier pound for pound :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.