Prom pictures feedback welcome

lrlebron

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Luis R. Lebron
I do not take a lot of "people" pictures as my wife calls them. It's something I need to work more at, especially using a flash
However, this weekend two young ladies whom I have known since they were toddlers ask me to take some pictures of them in their prom dresses.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Prom photos with the E-PM2 and the Oly 45mm lens.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
#1 and #3 is nice. The main thing is to get some decent shots to bring back memories of the day, it doesn't have to be of a professional standard (IMO). Maybe some full body shots that show their whole dress? I'm not sure if I love the post processing, a bit too soft and hazy for my liking.

Real Name
Brent
They exhibit emotion and that is the most important thing. I bet the girls really like them. I agree that the processing takes them over the top for my taste. The ladies look well enough without the glow. I would brighten the eyes just a tad in the 1st two and perhaps raise the blacks just a tad.

lrlebron

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Luis R. Lebron
#1 and #3 is nice. The main thing is to get some decent shots to bring back memories of the day, it doesn't have to be of a professional standard (IMO). Maybe some full body shots that show their whole dress? I'm not sure if I love the post processing, a bit too soft and hazy for my liking.
Thanks for the feedback. The post processing of course is a personal choice. I also provided them with pictures with a more "standard" approach to the post processing. #2 in my opinion needs better lighting. Also, this is a small set of the pictures I took. There were quite a few with the full dresses and a few black and white versions.

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
gus
Just thinking loud here. Maybe a tip could be to place the model in a contrasty surrounding. So the cute dress and makeup contrasts against some vintage cars, old houses, industry etc. That will make a beautie and the beast sortof feeling. Thats just a thought that crossed my mind.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom