Prom pictures feedback welcome

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by lrlebron, May 15, 2014.

1. lrlebron

lrlebron Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 8, 2013
    Huntsville, AL
    Luis R. Lebron
    I do not take a lot of "people" pictures as my wife calls them. It's something I need to work more at, especially using a flash
    However, this weekend two young ladies whom I have known since they were toddlers ask me to take some pictures of them in their prom dresses.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Prom photos with the E-PM2 and the Oly 45mm lens.

EPM21289-small.

EPM21227-small.

EPM21327-small.

• Like Like x 5
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Very nice. Cute subjects help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    #1 and #3 is nice. The main thing is to get some decent shots to bring back memories of the day, it doesn't have to be of a professional standard (IMO). Maybe some full body shots that show their whole dress? I'm not sure if I love the post processing, a bit too soft and hazy for my liking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    They exhibit emotion and that is the most important thing. I bet the girls really like them. I agree that the processing takes them over the top for my taste. The ladies look well enough without the glow. I would brighten the eyes just a tad in the 1st two and perhaps raise the blacks just a tad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lrlebron

lrlebron Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 8, 2013
    Huntsville, AL
    Luis R. Lebron
    Thanks for the feedback. The post processing of course is a personal choice. I also provided them with pictures with a more "standard" approach to the post processing. #2 in my opinion needs better lighting. Also, this is a small set of the pictures I took. There were quite a few with the full dresses and a few black and white versions.

6. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    Just thinking loud here. Maybe a tip could be to place the model in a contrasty surrounding. So the cute dress and makeup contrasts against some vintage cars, old houses, industry etc. That will make a beautie and the beast sortof feeling. Thats just a thought that crossed my mind.

• Like Like x 1