1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Prom pictures feedback welcome

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by lrlebron, May 15, 2014.

1. lrlebron

lrlebron Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Huntsville, AL
    Luis R. Lebron
    I do not take a lot of "people" pictures as my wife calls them. It's something I need to work more at, especially using a flash
    However, this weekend two young ladies whom I have known since they were toddlers ask me to take some pictures of them in their prom dresses.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Prom photos with the E-PM2 and the Oly 45mm lens.

EPM21289-small.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

EPM21227-small.jpg

EPM21327-small.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Very nice. Cute subjects help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    #1 and #3 is nice. The main thing is to get some decent shots to bring back memories of the day, it doesn't have to be of a professional standard (IMO). Maybe some full body shots that show their whole dress? I'm not sure if I love the post processing, a bit too soft and hazy for my liking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    They exhibit emotion and that is the most important thing. I bet the girls really like them. I agree that the processing takes them over the top for my taste. The ladies look well enough without the glow. I would brighten the eyes just a tad in the 1st two and perhaps raise the blacks just a tad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lrlebron

lrlebron Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Huntsville, AL
    Luis R. Lebron
    Thanks for the feedback. The post processing of course is a personal choice. I also provided them with pictures with a more "standard" approach to the post processing. #2 in my opinion needs better lighting. Also, this is a small set of the pictures I took. There were quite a few with the full dresses and a few black and white versions.

6. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    Just thinking loud here. Maybe a tip could be to place the model in a contrasty surrounding. So the cute dress and makeup contrasts against some vintage cars, old houses, industry etc. That will make a beautie and the beast sortof feeling. Thats just a thought that crossed my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.