Project 365

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Danny_Two, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    The rules are simple, take one photo every day for 2011. Doesn't matter what it is, or what you took it with. The idea is to document a year rather than to impress with photographic talents.

If you have an online gallery, start a 365 project and if we get enough joiners we'll bump this thread from time to time to catch up.

If you've missed the first few days of January just use a bit of creative license and add some in post haste.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

This is a great project that I am told was originally stated by a Girl Guide troupe may years ago In Ontario Canada, but that may be just a story. It has caught on in may groups and many people have tried it and is a great way to teach photographic discipline. A sort of theme and variations on this is a 365 Challenge with Themes. Be warned while many start but few finish.

3. Rob1975

Rob1975 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 31, 2010

I completed a 365 project as a way to work through my grief of losing two babies in less than 6 months (both miscarriages) by reconnecting with my love of photography. It was an amazing experience and one that I still miss, although shooting every day while working full time was quite challenging. Here's a link to the blog I maintained throughout the project:
    Rob's 365

About 5 months after starting "365", my wife became pregnant again. We welcomed Elias into this world 9 months later! I have been documenting his first year, posting weekly images on a new blog:
    First Year

April-end in "365" and all of "first year" was shot with my Olympus e-p1 with the 17mm lens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    Wow, not just a lot of pictures, but a lot of very good pictures.

5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Danny,
    On the top tabs, you'll see blogs.
    Many members have a photo a day, PAD, going.
    You can host there and reply to other members.
    Of course thus is a free service...
    Enjoy, have patience and good luck in your quest.

6. Rob1975

Rob1975 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 31, 2010
    Danny,
    Thanks for the kind words... I'm hoping to impress someone that has gallery space. I would love to have show to share these images with the public. I have also published a book with all 365 images through blurb.com.

7. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    I've managed to hit 137 consecutive days with my PAD here mu-43.com - he does what he can, and with the turn of the year had already decided to see if I could run it through to 365 ... so I hope lots of people join the challenge Danny ... it certainly has focused my mind (photographically anyway - the rest of the time I'm shot to pieces) ...

8. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    One month in and still on track (just). I thought the hard part would be actually having to take photo's everyday, it's not, it's taking an intersting photo everyday that's difficult.

Ive stayed true to the cause and not cheated by using shots from other days (except for one accidental upload) and stuck to using whatever pictures Ive had for that day regardless of quality, and to be honest most days Ive just had to use the best of a bad bunch.

9. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    First quarter. Kind of used to it now, seems fairly natural to have a camera with me all the time now.

Off traveling soon, so hopefully the pictures will get a bit more interesting.

:smile:

• Like Like x 1