1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Progress after one year

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by beanedsprout, May 23, 2014.

1. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    Ok so a year ago I took this picture, and of course I 1: didn't like it and 2: didn't know what to do with it. At that point, I had only had a camera for 4 months and was completely new to the idea of photography. Thankfully I was a vacuum cleaner when it came to information, and I sucked up everything I could. One of the things I learned early on from the vast knowledge base that is the internet was to shoot in RAW. Which I did for this, thankfully. Oddly enough, one year later (I had no idea it had been one year exactly until I was filling out the lost exif info), I decided to edit it again for my portfolio. I had learned some new tricks, and wanted to reduce the red cast to some of her skin. Well, I did a bit more than that, and this is what I came up with.

14062909970_1d7f13b66b_b.

And then the before and after. Before is RAW, SOOC, although the initial edit with Lightroom wasn't much better, so I'll just say that's how it was for a very long time, until now.

14062849548_6092763437_c.

Shot with my long-gone Panasonic GF-1 and m.Zuiko 45mm (still have that one). Boy I miss that camera. And the Huelight profile for it just... it's amazing. I don't get results like that very easily with the newer flagship stuff, or my fullframe Canon gear. I really need another GF-1!

• Like Like x 1