1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Professional sensor cleaning in Tas/Aus

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by nickthetasmaniac, Mar 25, 2012.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Hi everyone, just a quick question for the Australians out there...

Does anyone know of a reliable shop in Australia (preferable Tassie but I know that's unlikely) that does sensor cleaning? I got a small drop of snow on my GH2 sensor which left a residue when it dried, and I'm not at all keen to go near the thing myself :eek: I'd like somewhere that guarantees it's work and I'm happy to post nationally...

Thanks in advance :smile:

Cheers, Nick

2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Nic
    I would suggest two things
    1) call Teds and ask them they will suggest something
    2) Call Panasonic Australia as well and see
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

3. Geoff3DMN

Geoff3DMN Mu-43 Veteran

I've used Camera Clinic in Collingwood before and been happy with their work (Collingwood is an inner suburb of Melbourne which is on the north island for those not from Oz) :)

Camera Clinic

I haven't used Michaels but other people I know have and have been happy with the results (Michaels are in the Melbourne CBD).

http://www.michaels.com.au/index.php/services/sensor-cleaning

4. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks for suggestions people. A local pointed out that Walch in Hobart do it so the GH2 is in the post :smile:

5. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Seriously, buy a sensor swab kit and do it yourself. I picked a kit up a the local camera house. The first time is nerve wracking. The hundredth, not so much. Why pay a $100 and wait two weeks for some chump to do what you can do for $20 in two minutes. It's actually a lot more difficult to scratch a sensor than you think as long as you use the right stuff.

Gordon

6. You'll always remember your first time ;)

It's so much easier on a mirrorless camera because you don't have to reach down so far inside the camera past the mirror box to get to the sensor.