1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Professional photographers who use the OM-D E-M1 for work

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Mat - MirrorLessons, May 14, 2014.

1. Mat - MirrorLessons

Mat - MirrorLessons Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2013
    Turin
    Hi all,

As the title above suggests, I am writing an article about professionals that use the E-M1 for work, either standalone or in conjunction with another camera/system.

The article will be featured in our "Mirrorless on the Job" series on MirrorLessons:

http://www.bestmirrorlesscamerareviews.com/category/in-depth/mirrorless-on-the-job/

If any of you are interested in being included, feel free to send me a couple of short paragraphs (around 6-7 sentences) describing the kind of work you do and the role the E-M1 plays in your work. We'll also need a photo of you. I will of course include a link back to your website and social accounts.

My email is: mirrorlessons@gmail.com

Of course you can also share your experience here on this thread, I am sure it could be very interesting for other users.

The E-M1 has become my primary camera for work, replacing the E-M5. I use it mainly for events, occasional wedding or portraits.

Thanks

Mat

2. LivingLoud

LivingLoud Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 8, 2013
    Moscow
    Maxim Guselnikov
    Hi, Mat! Nice to see you here. Thanks for your website - there`s a lot of useful & interesting information out there. )
    Only E-M1 counts? What if I`m using E-M5 or E-P5? I know a couple of guys who are not E-M1 users yet thay are Oly users and working professionals.

3. Mat - MirrorLessons

Mar 10, 2013
    Turin
    We will focus on the E-M1 for this article but we are always looking for professional that uses micro four thirds or mirrorless camera for work. So don't hesitate to share your story as well, it might fit the next post ;)

4. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    You might want to try and get ahold of Dallas Dahms over at www.fotozones.com

He runs a Safari business(South Africa) and is a professional photographer. He has switched completely over to m43 and is using the EM1 as his flagship camera. He has lots of great information to share.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    If the article IS called "Mirrorless on the job" why not include other Olympus cameras...heck, why not include other brands for that matter.

How about "OM-D on the job?"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mat - MirrorLessons

Mar 10, 2013
    Turin
    "Mirrorless on the Job" is the category name where the article fits, not the article title. If you check out the website, you will find several interviews, articles and guest posts about different brands and cameras ;)

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    lol, I'm a full-time working professional running a downtown photo studio as my entire means of living, and I'm "way back" in 2011 with my E-P3. xD

Today just like 5 years ago, just like 10 years ago, just like 15 years ago, the type of body you use is one of the least important factors in getting your job done as a photographer. Your lighting and setup are arguably the most important factors, with the lens coming in right behind that. The body is important, but so far down the list that it can only be considered an accessory for your glass.

I shake my head when people think they need to purchase a D800, or years ago a 5DII or whatever the hell the current fad body is for that year, in order to "go professional" with their photography. You just keep thinking that... As for me, I'm going on the job with a lot more than just one fancy hammer in my toolbox. Professional photography requires an entire system of tools to be effective, and there is no one tool which makes that system.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LivingLoud

LivingLoud Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 8, 2013
    Moscow
    Maxim Guselnikov
    Thanks a lot for the info, Ned )

9. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Mat
    Thanks for this thread as there are many pros who used MFT . I have a friend who is based in Canada and he is a high end fashion photographer .
    Please check his website
    Www.itsallstyletome.com
    Cheers

10. zlatko-photo

zlatko-photo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2014
    Hi Mat, I suggest also reaching out to commercial photographer James Russell. He uses the E-M1 among other cameras (including Canon and Leica). His username is bcooter on the Luminous Landscape Forum where he has posted very positively about the E-M5 and now the E-M1. For example, see his various posts in this thread:
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=86337.0
    His insights on the E-M1 would be very interesting.