Professional µ4/3 video camera from Panasonic

Promit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Promit Roy
If I'm not mistaken, you've just linked to the old one that has been out for ages. There's rumors that a new one will launch soon as a response to the EOS HD.

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Promit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Promit Roy
EOS HD? Not sure what model you are alluding to. Canon does have a new video body coming out , the EOS C300. Very nice but also very pricey at $20K. Is that what you are talking about?

Canon Cinema EOS | Products: Camera C300
Sorry yeah, I meant the EOS Cinema. I saw some rumors that Panasonic would do a similar professional camera but who knows. Though considering the posts about the GH2 on 43rumors, you'd think they already shipped their RED killer :rolleyes:

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Did you end up ever buying this camera, Rafael?

Definitely not, Ned, I've never had the intention to buy it, just wanted to inform the audience about its existence :biggrin:

In the meantime, I've purchased a GH2, and from time to time, I'm shooting a video for trials. I've even shot 3D footage with the GH2 last weekend.
I'm trying hard to find my way through Adobe Premiere and AfterEffects to work that footage up to something that I could share. But that's not an easy task !!!

C U
Rafael

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sorry yeah, I meant the EOS Cinema. I saw some rumors that Panasonic would do a similar professional camera but who knows. Though considering the posts about the GH2 on 43rumors, you'd think they already shipped their RED killer :rolleyes:

They might do a higher end camera to compete? The four big brands for pro video are Canon , JVC, Sony and Panasonic. I have used various models from all four but prefer either Canon or Panasonic. When one comes up with a new, good idea it doesn't take the others long before they make something to compete.
Sony has had several models in their CineAlta line for a while that are very similar to Canon's new C300{although a bit more expensive}. Plus Canon is not just building cinema bodies but lenses too!{I am actually more excited about that than the body} There is also the new guy Red. If I had that kind of money , Red's Scarlett would be the one for me.
Sadly I don't have that much to spend. The Panny AF100 is under $5000 and I have seen them for as low as $4000. Might even be able to pick up a good used one for $3000. This is in my price range!
If you look at the specs the Canon is not that much better than the AF100 , for sure not $15k better. Although the C300 can be used handheld it really is meant to be mounted. The AF100 on the other hand would handle more like a traditional ENG type camera. For much of what I would need it for it would be the better choice.

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
In the meantime, I've purchased a GH2, and from time to time, I'm shooting a video for trials. I've even shot 3D footage with the GH2 last weekend.

Nice... are you using the Lumix 3D stereo lens?

I'm trying hard to find my way through Adobe Premiere and AfterEffects to work that footage up to something that I could share. But that's not an easy task !!!

Nope, it's not. I used to teach classes on Premiere and After Effects. :)

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
after years of using the old Final cut - admittedly mainly demonstrating it and writing demo scripts for Apple - I am slowly getting to grips with the all new Final Cut Pro X....Its still a version 1... but has some nice stuff in it.

knocked this together in a hour yesterday - GH2 and 20mm

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=33975102&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=33975102&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Rafael....maybe we should get together sometime in the New Year....I am just up the road in Gent

merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all

K

Latest threads

Top Bottom