Problems..?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by teeceeee, Sep 5, 2010.

1. teeceeee

teeceeee New to Mu-43

Sep 3, 2010
    Are there any concerns with mounting older legacy lens' to a G1 body?

Specifically - could I physically harm the inner workings of the body if an older lens 'touched' anything internal to the camera body?

Not the most technical question, but I hope you get the idea!?

2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    best to avoid collapsible type lenses (though I think most are ok), otherwise should be no problems,

Barrie

• Like Like x 2
  3. teeceeee

teeceeee New to Mu-43

Sep 3, 2010
    oh ok, was going to take the plunge ( after checking for availiability ) and look at either Olympus OM or Canon FD lenses..

Seem to be enough knocking around for what I want, which living in Malvern is mainly landscapy type stuff....

TYVM for taking the time to reply by the way....

4. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Any old lenses for slr's are ok because they are even further away from the sensor, they had to clear the mirror on the camera they were originally made for. The adapters are relatively thick and hold them a good distance from any of the internals.

Barrie

5. greyelm

greyelm Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    London
    Malcolm

See my earlier post for my method to safely use these collapsible lenses

https://www.mu-43.com/f40/collapsible-lenses-5491/

6. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Just remember that the m43 camera has a 2x multiplier so lenses that you would use for landscape such as a 24/2.8 OM is a 48/2.8 when attached to an m43 body. It's still a great lens but not particularly WA. true WA legacy lenses tend to be a bit spendy. That said, I LOVE using legacy lenses with my EPL1.

Kevin the lesser

7. teeceeee

teeceeee New to Mu-43

Sep 3, 2010
    I've come from an older Canon 10D DSLR, so am happy enough with the crop factor, but agree it's gonna be fun trying to find a wide, wide angle lens!

thanks anyway