Problems..?

teeceeee

New to Mu-43
Are there any concerns with mounting older legacy lens' to a G1 body?

Specifically - could I physically harm the inner workings of the body if an older lens 'touched' anything internal to the camera body?

Not the most technical question, but I hope you get the idea!?

teeceeee

New to Mu-43
oh ok, was going to take the plunge ( after checking for availiability ) and look at either Olympus OM or Canon FD lenses..

Seem to be enough knocking around for what I want, which living in Malvern is mainly landscapy type stuff....

TYVM for taking the time to reply by the way....

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
Any old lenses for slr's are ok because they are even further away from the sensor, they had to clear the mirror on the camera they were originally made for. The adapters are relatively thick and hold them a good distance from any of the internals.

Barrie

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
oh ok, was going to take the plunge ( after checking for availiability ) and look at either Olympus OM or Canon FD lenses..

Seem to be enough knocking around for what I want, which living in Malvern is mainly landscapy type stuff....

TYVM for taking the time to reply by the way....
Just remember that the m43 camera has a 2x multiplier so lenses that you would use for landscape such as a 24/2.8 OM is a 48/2.8 when attached to an m43 body. It's still a great lens but not particularly WA. true WA legacy lenses tend to be a bit spendy. That said, I LOVE using legacy lenses with my EPL1.

Kevin the lesser

teeceeee

New to Mu-43
Just remember that the m43 camera has a 2x multiplier so lenses that you would use for landscape such as a 24/2.8 OM is a 48/2.8 when attached to an m43 body. It's still a great lens but not particularly WA. true WA legacy lenses tend to be a bit spendy. That said, I LOVE using legacy lenses with my EPL1.

Kevin the lesser
I've come from an older Canon 10D DSLR, so am happy enough with the crop factor, but agree it's gonna be fun trying to find a wide, wide angle lens!

thanks anyway

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom