1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

problems with EPM-1 ???

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jettilton, Feb 19, 2013.

1. jettilton

jettilton Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2011
    Hello,
    Bought a new EPM1 about 4 weeks ago, and I've started to notice that it occasionally takes one or a series of photos that are over exposed, with the ones before or after normal...

Not happy with this situation, since I returned an EPL-3 because of similar shutter problems.

Anyone else have this happen to them?
    george_error3.
    E-PM1    ---    22mm    f/5.6    1/125s    ISO 200
    george_error1_1_.
    E-PM1    ---    22mm    f/4.1    1/500s    ISO 400

2. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Could the bracketing function be on? (With subsequent photos under / overexposed)?

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Bracketing is my guess as well.

4. PeeBee

PeeBee Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Sep 17, 2012
    UK
    Exif Data says exposure bias 0 step :eek: 

I've not had that problem with mine so far.

Exposure lock maybe?

5. jettilton

jettilton Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2011
    EPM1...

weird happenings because it happened when my wife was using it in iAuto mode, and bracketing has never been on..... mostly use it in A mode, and it doesn't happen all of the time, but randomly.

I've used multiple cameras, and this has never happened.

6. benonn

benonn New to Mu-43

Dec 15, 2011
    I had that problem with my E-PM1 too. It's not bracketing and I can't figure out what caused it. This is the main reason I sold it and get an OM-D instead. Never have the same problem with the OM-D.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.