1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Problem with new E-P3 and old VF-2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jonoslack, Aug 3, 2011.

1. jonoslack

jonoslack Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2011
    Hi There
    Just got my E-P3 today - and it's lovely BUT . . . . . using it with the VF-2 viewfinder is very odd, I normally shoot in A mode, so I'm using the thumb dial to change aperture - it's sometimes okay for a minute, but usually, it, and all the rest of the buttons except the shutter release seem to stop working . . . return to the LCD, and sometimes they start working again (in which case they'll work again for a while when switching back to the VF2, sometimes they won't start to work again unless the VF2 is removed . . . or sometimes just pushing it.

The VF2 works okay with my E-PL2, so I guess it must be the connector in the E-P3?

Anybody else come across this?

all the best
    Jono

2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
  3. jonoslack

jonoslack Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2011
  4. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Also turn off touch screen for VF to work in Port/Landscape OR do not touch LCD when using the VF-2

5. miklosphoto

miklosphoto New to Mu-43

Aug 23, 2011
    I got my e-p3 last Saturday and spent the last three days frustrated with the same issue till this evening when I discovered that it is my own nose what is causing the problem. How funny. I guess I just have to wait till they fix it with a firmware.