Problem with new E-P3 and old VF-2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jonoslack, Aug 3, 2011.

1. jonoslack

jonoslack Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Hi There
    Just got my E-P3 today - and it's lovely BUT . . . . . using it with the VF-2 viewfinder is very odd, I normally shoot in A mode, so I'm using the thumb dial to change aperture - it's sometimes okay for a minute, but usually, it, and all the rest of the buttons except the shutter release seem to stop working . . . return to the LCD, and sometimes they start working again (in which case they'll work again for a while when switching back to the VF2, sometimes they won't start to work again unless the VF2 is removed . . . or sometimes just pushing it.

The VF2 works okay with my E-PL2, so I guess it must be the connector in the E-P3?

Anybody else come across this?

all the best
    Jono

2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
  3. jonoslack

jonoslack Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Aug 2, 2011
  4. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Also turn off touch screen for VF to work in Port/Landscape OR do not touch LCD when using the VF-2

5. miklosphoto

miklosphoto New to Mu-43

Aug 23, 2011
    I got my e-p3 last Saturday and spent the last three days frustrated with the same issue till this evening when I discovered that it is my own nose what is causing the problem. How funny. I guess I just have to wait till they fix it with a firmware.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.