1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Problem with my OMD and Metz AF50 during off camera flash

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by ftwphoto, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ftwphoto

ftwphoto Mu-43 Regular

Dec 12, 2011
    Hey Guys,

I need to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem I'm having, so that I can determine if it's a problem with Metz flashes in general or just mine.

Here's the scenario:

While using my Metz 50 AF-1 wirelessly off camera, I'm having this problem:

If the off camera mode is set to TTL in camera, the flash works fine, however is the off camera mode is set to Manual in camera, the flash does not trigger at all. It only seems to be a problem with my OMD, because when I do the same thing with the same flash on my Pen Mini, the 50AF-1 will trigger properly in both Manual and TTL modes set in camera.

Can anyone with Metz flashes (any model, obviously 50AF-1 being better though) test their flashes in wireless manual mode and see if the flash triggers.

Keep in mind when I say manual mode, I'm not talking setting the power on the flash and putting the flash in servo mode. I'm talking putting the flash in slave mode and setting the powers using the back screen of the camera.

Anyone with any experience or anyone who can test theirs for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. ftwphoto

ftwphoto Mu-43 Regular

Dec 12, 2011
    Bump for help?

3. ftwphoto

ftwphoto Mu-43 Regular

Dec 12, 2011
    Seriously? No ones got a Metz flash to test this against mine. :(