1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

problem with my fd lens??

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by PM1, Jan 18, 2014.

1. PM1

PM1 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 16, 2014
    hello everybody

how R U doing

I got this FD 50mm 1.8 it was one of my father lenses
    my FD 50mm has little problem (it's have small dust inside rear element )

[​IMG]

how to clean it ? if this cannot be cleaned .
    is this dust may getting inside camera IN FUTRE which is not good

If So

Did you please advice me which good 50mm manual lens should I choice ( clean used + no more than $30)??... sorry for my small Budget

thank you in advance

2. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    All lenses have dust. Older lenses may have more dust. At your level of dust, don't worry about it. It will have no issue for image quality. It will have no issues for your sensor.

3. PM1

PM1 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 16, 2014
    Ooh friend

.I really appreciate TO YOU SO MUCH
    Thank you A LOT

Have Nice Day....

4. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    I have used n compressed air (the type you clean electronics with) from a can and forced the air, the best I could into the lens. First I take off anything easy to remove to expose any gaps as much as possible. After blowing the air on these gaps around the lens/glass, etc., I have been able to move some dust inside the lens. At the end of the process, I am sure the dust was still in the lens but I could not see as much of it so I considered it a success.

Did this change my photos any... No. But it made me feel better...

5. PM1

PM1 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 16, 2014
    ^^^^^^
    thank you for the additional info

yes U R right it's feel better

6. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    Thinking a little more, in case someone is going to try this at home, I also used a vacuum cleaner to draw air (creating a low pressure on one side of the lens) while blowing the compressed air canister on the other side of the lens. The goal was to create enough pressure difference across the lens to move some air through the lens. I operated the focusing and aperture rings with all of this going on. Again, I am not sure if I moved the dust out of the lens or just moved it around within the lens but I was able to reduce the amount of dust I could see on the lens elements.