Problem with my E-PL2. Could use some help!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nowel_g, May 23, 2012.

1. nowel_g

nowel_g Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 29, 2012
    St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
    Nowel Garcia
    My E-PL2 is doing the weirdest thing. When I place the camera in pinhole art filter, I can see the vignette on the screen. But, it disappears when I focus. Even the pictures taken have no vignette. Yet, if I let go of the shutter button, the vignette reappears. Is this a setting problem? Is this a firmware problem? (I am running v1.3) Is there a way of resetting the camera? Anyone else have this problem? Please help.

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I just tested with my E-PL2. The vingette stays during focus but does not immediately appear on the screen after the shot. I think it takes a second or two for the camera to add the filter in processing. If I then go to the review button and look at the last shot the vingette appears as it is supposed to. Don't know if this helps . . .

3. nowel_g

nowel_g Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 29, 2012
    Nowel Garcia
    It used to do that. What you explained is normal operation. For me the vignette disappears when focusing, it is missing from the shot when reviewed, but returns on screen when shutter button is released. It is just too weird that it does that, which sucks 'cause I love pinhole! It's my favorite filter.

4. nowel_g

nowel_g Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 29, 2012
    Nowel Garcia
    Crap! It's doing it in soft focus too! It looses the whole filter effect when focusing and taking the shot!

5. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    What happens if you switch to jpg only mode? Or RAW only mode?

You can reset the camera via the menu on the E-PL1 so I assume it's possible on the E-PL2.

6. nowel_g

nowel_g Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 29, 2012
    Nowel Garcia
    I found out the problem. It was a setting deep in the menu. The setting allowed for reduction in the lag seen on the screen when using the art filters. Thank you all for your help.

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Glad you got it figured out. There's still a few settings deep in the menus that I haven't deciphered yet!

8. nowel_g

nowel_g Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 29, 2012
    Nowel Garcia
    You're not the only one. Many looked like a foreign language to me LOL.

• Like Like x 1