Problem with exporting DNG files from Lightroom to DXO Photolab

Brecht

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi guys,

This is my workflow: I convert all of my images to DNG, import them into Lightroom 6.1 for cataloging and export them to DXO Photolab 4 for editing. This works perfectly. However, it doesn't work for DNG files created in Lightroom, such as panoramas or HDR. When I try to export them, DXO opens, but the result is that the film strip (or how is this thing called) stays empty. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

Brecht

Mu-43 Veteran
I tried this and it creates a TIFF image, which limits the editing options (no prime noise reduction available for example). So not a complete solution, but thanks for the tip.

Real Name
Rob
Unfortunately I can't help, but I've noticed this myself with similar cases - I'd assumed it was something to do with the image no longer being a straight "copy" of a single capture from a camera, and therefore something about the resulting DNG was not quite correct for DXO. Interested to know if there's a workaround. I wanted to use prime NR on a stacked astro image to see what happened (I know stacking results in less noise, but I'd only taken seven frames when I should probably have taken a lot more).

Hi guys,

This is my workflow: I convert all of my images to DNG, import them into Lightroom 6.1 for cataloging and export them to DXO Photolab 4 for editing. This works perfectly. However, it doesn't work for DNG files created in Lightroom, such as panoramas or HDR. When I try to export them, DXO opens, but the result is that the film strip (or how is this thing called) stays empty. Am I doing something wrong?
The output of Lightroom's panorama and HDR tools is a linear DNG, which is a demosaiced file. DxO PhotoLab needs a raw file that has not been demosaiced.

Brecht

Mu-43 Veteran
The output of Lightroom's panorama and HDR tools is a linear DNG, which is a demosaiced file. DxO PhotoLab needs a raw file that has not been demosaiced.
So I gather it's technically impossible to export them.

Does anyone have ideas for a workaround?

Brecht

Mu-43 Veteran
You can send the raw files that made up the HDR or panorama to DXO and then when they come back do the pano or HDR merge
I can see this working for the panorama, thanks.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom